Other events scheduled include:
- the Conference “Designing for Wellness”, where journalist Silvia Robertazzi of magazines AtCasa.it and Casamica will introduce Marco Ferreri (designer), Yosh Han (creator and nose), Paolo Inghilleri (Professor of Social Psychology) and Sachiko Ito (flower designer) and lead a multifaceted conversation about quality of life, harmony of form, body care and how to educate people about what is beautiful and what is good.
- Bertrand Duchaufour (In-house perfumer at L’Artisan Parfumeur) will introduce his new project Mon Numéro.
- Simonetta Giurlani Pardini (owner of the brand Sdl/Segreti di Lucca) together with Leonardo Romei (researcher, designer, Semiotics teacher at Isia- Urbino) will introduce her new scent, born to evoke the Japanese Koh-Do incense game.
- Emilie Bouge (creator of the Brécourt line) will tell the process of creating a scent, through public and private memories in a conference name: "Smelling is like discovering people from the inside”.
- Simon and Amanda Brooke (Grossmith) will introduce the fascinating saga of this brand, a true classic in English perfume history. They will display original documents and images.
- Italian Perfumer Lorenzo Dante Ferro will introduce his new creation named Amorvero.
- The Fragrance House, with its roof and walls covered with aromatic plants, flowers and herbs, will be welcoming visitors to the fair. A house which is also a vertical perfumed garden created by Atelier Gras, a studio of young architects from the Netherlands, in cooperation with AtCasa.it and Casamica.
- The “Tribute to Andy Warhol screen tests” will feature an artistic video installation created to celebrate the scent “Pop Collection” by Costume National. Ten Screen Tests portray ten extraordinary personalities in the fashion, culture, sport, art, music and literature fields. The video was created exclusively for Pitti Immagine Fragranze, you may see it on Vogue.it.
The Exhibition will feature also two special areas, named “Spring” and “Charms”: in the “Spring” area, new lines of young fragrance brands will make their debut on the international scene, while “Charms” showcases a selection of refined and luxury accessories as jewels, foulards, personal and home accessories, somehow connected with the idea of perfume.
More than 180 brands will be present at Pitti Immagine Fragranze 2011, the new ones being Aesop, Amorvero, Andrea Maack, Antipodes, Atelier Cologne, Apotcare, Becca Make Up, Blood Concept, Brecourt, Brooks Brothers, Carner Barcelona, Calming Park, Carasana, Cire Trudon, David Mallet, Farmacia SS Annunziata dal 1951, Fibrae di Alessandra Lepri, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, Gamila Secret, Grossmith, Hervé Gambs, Immupure, In House Fragrances, Jardins D’Ecrivains, Juliette Has a Gun, Les Voiles Depliées, L’Odeur de Sainteté, Meo Fusciuni, O’driu’, Oeuf de Bonheur pour la Maison, Olfactive Studio, Original Toiletries, Robert Piguet, Pecksniff’s, Perricone MD, Phaedon, Place des Lices, Plum, Les Bougies Maurice Renoma, Sanhistoire, Sen7, Sinfonia di Note, Six Scents, Snowberry, Teo Cabanel, Torre of Tuscany, Via.gg.io, XPEC (Expert Perfumery Concept), Tiziana Terenzi, Undergreen and Ysuzac.
While brands making a return appearance are: Abanha,Andy Tauer Perfumes, Agonist Parfums, Annick Goutal, Annayake, Amouage, Bakel, Boadicea the Victorious, Bond no.9, Bronnley, By Terry, Byredo, Calè Fragranze d’Autore, Clive Christian, Costume National, Creed, Czech and Speake, Diptyque, Dr Sebagh, E. Marinella, Eau D’Italie, Etat Libre d’Orange, Face Stockholm, Floris, Georges Feghaly, Frapin, Fragonard, Gianluca Bulega Couture, Gianna Rose Atelier, Heeley, Histoires de Parfums, Honoré des Prés, Humiecki & Graef, Il Profumo, Jacques Zolty, Kahina-Giving Beauty, Keiko Mecheri / Edito / LLC, La Maison de la Vanille, L’Artisan Parfumeur, Laboratorio Olfattivo, Linari, Lubin, Mad et Len, Maria Candida Gentile, Maitre Parfumeur, Mark Buxton, Memo, Mona Di Orio, Montale - Paris, Nez a Nez, Nobile 1942, Odin, Officina De’ Tornabuoni, Officina delle Essenze, Olivier Durbano, Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Skin Care, Penhaligon’s, Scentbar, Sdl, Sigilli, Simone Cosac Profumi, Simpson, Tann Rokka Kisu, Tauleto Fragrance, Technique Indiscrete, Testa Maura, The Different Company, The Hypenoses, The Laundress, Vero Profumo, Washington Tremlett, Yesforlov and Yosh Han.
Dates: 9- 1 September
Venue: Stazione Leopolda (Viale Fratelli Rosselli), Florence (Italy)
Opening times: 10 am – 6 pm Entrance free of charge, trade only
Opening to the general public: Saturday 10th, ticket 10 euros